Thursday, March 8, 2007

Rush: Dem's are all liars, so it's OK to lie

When I was in school, my teachers never let me get away with the excuse, "But everybody else was doing it, too!" I was taller, and louder, and they usually saw me first. And they always punished me when I got caught. Eventually, I learned my lesson. It's too bad that as adults we forget....


The Rush Limbaugh Show
March 8, 2007

RUSH: Michael in Columbus, Ohio. Hello, sir. You're next on the EIB Network.

CALLER: Good afternoon. Congratulations on your success and your excellence, Rush. How are you doing?

RUSH: Fine, sir. Thank you.

CALLER: Good. Here is the short of it. You know we've got a serious issue in this country, and where you disappoint, today with your Libby rants -- and I get it. I know where you're lined up and I appreciate your viewpoints. But whether it was Martha Stewart, whether it was Bill Clinton, whether it's Scooter Libby, there's no more room in my life -- and there should be no more room in the government and in the leadership and the elite of this country -- to accept lying to get your way. Scooter Libby didn't do anything wrong up until he decided to not be straight about what happened. That applies to all three names that I just mentioned, and there's plenty of others -- and where you disappoint for me, at least personally, is your unwillingness to look that straight in the face and say, "Unacceptable."

RUSH: See, this is very selective. Do you realize how many liars could have been called and put under oath by the independent counsel and weren't?

CALLER: I do. I get that. I get that.

RUSH: No, you don't get that. You're being very selective and you're trying to tell me that I am basically constituting or putting up with and allowing lying and then am mad because my guy gets caught at it, i.e., Scooter Libby. You're going on with what we ought to be attacking here is the culture of lying. I am trying to! The Democrat Party is living a lie, a series of lies, and you would be better served (and so would the country) if people like you would focus on that, because the Democrat Party is in the process of ruining this country and terribly disrupting your life.

No comments: