Sunday, May 15, 2011

Moore: Final thoughts on bin Laden's execution

This is worth reading. It also gives the lie to those who say Moore is just a cheerleader for Democrats or Obama. He's principled and he's his own man:
I would like the evildoers to be forced to stand trial in front of that world. I know a lot of people see no need for a trial for these bad guys (just hang 'em from the nearest tree!), and think trials are for sissies. 'They're guilty, off with their heads!' Well, you see, that is the exact description of the Taliban/al Qaeda/Nazi justice system. I don't like their system. I like ours. And I don't want to be like them. In fact, the reason I like a good trial is that I like to show these bastards this is how it's done in a free country that believes in civilized justice. It's good for the rest of the world to see that, too. Sets a good example.
The other thing a trial does is, it establishes a very public and permanent historic record of the crimes against humanity.

No comments: