Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Study: Pundits suck at prognosticating

Coincidentally, I recently mentioned Cal Thomas (whom I almost never mention because he's so ridiculous), aka Just For Men's #1 customer. It turns out he is the worst prognosticator among U.S. pundits. I say "coincidentally" and not "ironically," as the term irony is commonly used inappropriately, because this is not a revelation, this is confirmation.

On the winning end of the score board was everybody's favorite bearded liberal economist, Paul Krugman. If you're shocked by that then maybe you read too much of Cal Thomas, George Will, and other low-scoring losers.

BTW, I think I understand now John McLaughlin's habit of forcing his guest panel, including himself, always to make predictions: it's his snarky way of letting viewers see just how stupid most pundits are.


By Jason Linkins
May 3, 2011 | Huffington Post

No comments: