Friday, August 14, 2009

Paging Dr. Nick Riviera...


"I'm very lucky to live near enough to Mexico to get good healthcare at a reasonable price."


Did North America flip upside down or something while I was away? Or did I step through a wormhole in the fabric of space-time and I'm reading the news from 2109? Since when did the answer to "Who is your health care provider?" become "Dr. Manny in TJ"?


This is a sad, sad statement on the United States.


On the bright side, medical tourism in developing countries is booming. Catch the fever! (Not literally catch one! I mean, you shouldn't catch anything as long as they boil their instruments for at least 3 minutes and they shoo the cats out of the OR.)

As U.S. health row rages, many seek care in Mexico

By Tim Gaynor

August 13, 2009 | Reuters


URL: http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSTRE57C40C20090813

No comments: