Friday, November 27, 2009

ClimateGate! Gotcha! Ka-Pow!

I've taken some trouble to read up on this because it's being called "ClimateGate" by some, and allegedly proves a global scientific conspiracy to foist the myth of global warming on us lay people. According to the Wired article, the scandal is a lot of hot air. It's snippets taken from thousands of stolen e-mails and posted on the Internet totally out of context. Nobody so far at the Climate Research Unit in East Anglia is denying the e-mails' authenticity, however. They seem for real.

The Examiner article quotes many more e-mails, which don't look good, and talk about deleting things and playing with graphs, but... Honestly, none of this means much to me, even though I've taken two college statistics courses. I will say though that these guys would have to be pretty clueless fraudsters to put all their diabolical plans in e-mails.

At any rate, these e-mails are out there now and I'm sure global warming doubters will raise lots of questions in the coming weeks and months. As your loyal foil to the lazy MSM and anti-intellectual conservatives, I'll be following this story as it develops....

No comments: