Thursday, March 8, 2012

Israeli spy chiefs: Stop drumbeat of war against Iran

Said Efraim Halevy, director of Israel's Mossad in the early 2000s and later the head of Israel's National Security Council, to Huffington Post:

"If I'm sitting here in the month of March 2012 reading [Romney's latest op-ed on Iran], and I'm an Iranian leader, what do I understand? I have nine more months to run as fast as I can because this is going to be terrible if the other guys get in."

Another ex-director of Israeli intelligence, Meir Dagan, had this to say to 60 Minutes:

"The regime in Iran is a very rational one," says the former top Israeli spymaster. And President Ahmadinejad? "The answer is yes," he replies, but "Not exactly our rational, but I think he is rational. [...] An attack on Iran before you are exploring all other approaches is not the right way."





No comments: