Monday, October 1, 2012

Spiritual not religious = Stupid not profound

Call me Jerry Falwell, but I totally agree that "spiritual but not religious" people are false and annoying.

Pick a confession already.  

I  have strange feelings in my gut, too, but it's usually something I consumed.  It's not religion.

You know what these people remind me of: GDIs. Yeah, those Goddamn Independents.  You know, those people who tell you they don't belong to any political party, because the perfect one for them isn't out there, and they're so choosy and discriminating and all that.  Although they vote 95 percent of the time for the same party.  Mm-hm.  Right.  Them and Bill O'Reilly: big independents, big free-ranging desperados of the political-consumer prairie that no pollster or registration list can corral.  No responsibility to anybody or any party.  Gimme a break.

Just like these spiritual-not-religious types: they think their true religion hasn't been invented yet.  Or -- dude! -- maybe they'll be the ones to invent it!  Whooooaa!!  Dude!  

"Ommm... O, Great Spirit Douchebag, make me one with Your doucheiness!...Ommm...."


By Alan Miller
September 29, 2012 | CNN

No comments: