Saturday, September 12, 2009

Shocking interview with Bush Admin. insider

Wow, what an amazing interview with a career U.S. soldier and an insider in the Bush Administration. Some highlights:
> "I wouldn't have said that a couple of years ago but now I've come to the conclusion that the man [Cheney] truly is -- whether he was that way when I knew him before, when he was Secretary of Defense, I don't know, that's not at issue with me any more -- the man now is just crazy."
> At least 700 of America's illegal detainees (aka "enemy combatants") were not terrorists and had no business being detained in the first place!
> "There's just no courage, there's no moral courage whatsoever in the Democratic Party."
> "But it was something [the Bush] administration made a cult of doing -- not just on interrogation, but on almost everything, whether it was Iraq, whether it was the Middle East in general, whether it was North Korea. The attitude was: Don't talk to me from a position of expertise, talk to me from a position of fixed religious adamancy, you know."
I'm so happy Bush & Cheney are gone! Wilkerson's insights make me glad we made it through that Dark Age without even more things going dangerously wrong....
Interview by Andy Worthington
September 10, 2009 | The Public Record

No comments: